Advanced Level Mathematics
Why choose Cambridge International AS and A Level Mathematics?
Cambridge International AS and A Level Mathematics is accepted by universities and employers as proof of mathematical knowledge and understanding. Successful candidates gain lifelong skills, including:
- a deeper understanding of mathematical principles
- the further development of mathematical skills including the use of applications of mathematics in the context of everyday situations and in other subjects that they may be studying
- the ability to analyse problems logically, recognising when and how a situation may be represented mathematically
- the use of mathematics as a means of communication
- a solid foundation for further study.
The syllabus gives the flexibility to choose from three different routes to:
AS Level Mathematics:-
- Pure Mathematics only or
- Pure Mathematics and Mechanics or
- Pure Mathematics and Probability & Statistics.
Students can choose from three different routes to:
A-Level Mathematics (A2) depending on the choice of:
- Mechanics or
- Probability & Statistics or
- both, in the broad area of ‘applications’.
We recommend that candidates who are beginning this course should have previously completed a Cambridge O Level or Cambridge IGCSE course in Mathematics or the equivalent.
Cambridge International A Level Mathematics provides a suitable foundation for the study of Mathematics or related courses in higher education.